- Massagers & Infrared Products
- Vegan Beauty
- Supplements & Herbs
- Healthy Home
- Diet & Weight Loss
- Personal Care
Baby & Kids
Stress Support & Relaxation
Children Immunity Boosters
- Pet Supplements & Herbs
Thyroid Support Gold - Cat Hyperthyroidism Support (Available in 2oz and 4oz)(Free shipping over $50 Order)
Why choose Thyroid Support Gold for your feline?
Promotes normal activity and normal weight in cats with clinical hyperthyroidism
Effective natural support for feline hyperthyroidism
- Metabolic support for normal weight, appetite and thirst
- Addresses underlying healthy function of the thyroid gland
- Supports a regular, smooth coat
- Supports heart function
- Supports normal sleep patterns
A natural approach to help your cat's thyroid function
- 1 bottle = 2oz (59ml) a 4 month supply for most cats (6-12lbs)
Hyperthyroidism is very common with middle-aged and older felines; in fact, it has become one of the most common ailments that vets see in cats. It results when the thyroid gland (located near the cat's windpipe) produces too much thyroid hormone.
Hyperthyroid pets often lose weight, have increased or decreased appetites, and become nervous, irritable and vocal. For several days, they may be hyperactive and have a rapid heart beat, then lethargic, apathetic and uninterested in food, play or grooming. Unfortunately thyroid imbalances are extremely common in cats, the biggest one being hyperthyroidism.
Symptoms of feline hyperthyroidism
- Weight loss
- Poor coat quality
- Increased appetite
- Increased water intake
- Increased urine output
- Occasional vomiting or diarrhea
- Hyperactivity, irritability, increased yowling
If you suspect your cat has an overactive thyroid, you should consult your vet.
Western Medicine and Hyperthyroidism in felines
- The conventional treatment is an oral medication given daily, prescribed by a veterinarian. Effects of may include loss of appetite, lethargy, vomiting, liver toxicity, and skin disease. Cats allergic to sulfonamides most likely will not tolerate this medication. Thyroid Support Gold should not be taken at the same time as conventional hyperthyroid medication.
- Some felines have their enlarged thyroid removed surgically, which requires anesthesia. Cats with high thyroid levels may first have to become stabilized on medication before surgery. If surgery is elected you may consider radio nucleotide imaging; it can add to the expense but it can also prevent missing abnormal thyroid tissue or it can help prevent removing healthy parathyroid tissue by mistake. Surgery is expensive and is not 100% successful. Anesthesia may be risky in unhealthy patients.
- Radioactive iodine treatment is the most costly treatment and involves 3-7 days of hospital isolation (although anesthesia is not required). Unfortunately it is not uncommon for the treatment to have to be repeated as the procedure is not 100% successful and an abnormal thyroid gland tumor can return.
What is Thyroid Support Gold?
Thyroid Support Gold is a natural supplement designed to give gentle support to a feline's thyroid gland. The principal herbs in this formula specifically address thyroid hormones. The adjunct herbs support other parts of the body that can be affected by thyroid hormones: heart function and the nervous system (including activity levels and sleep). There is also some naturally-occurring Vitamin C (from Amla) that provides support for the thyroid and immune system.
What is Thyroid Support Gold used for?
Our holistic veterinarian created the ideal balance of complementary botanical ingredients to maintain long-term, normal function of the thyroid gland. Specifically, Thyroid Support Gold works to sustain the normal equilibrium of metabolism. When the metabolism is affected by the thyroid hormones, it will influence the appetite, thirst and body weight. Skin and coat are affected as well. Normal thyroid hormone levels and a healthy metabolic rate can significantly contribute to the comfort and wellness of your cat for a better quality of life.
The action of thyroid hormones indirectly affect the heart rate, force of the heartbeat and affect the level of nervousness in the body. For this reason, Thyroid Support Gold has been formulated to support a feline's entire body as it relates to thyroid function. Herbs for healthy function of the heart muscle, heart rate and a normally calm temperament are part of what makes Thyroid Support Gold a comprehensive and effective formula.
The action of Thyroid Support Gold is effective yet works gently. Supporting your cat's hormone levels requires a long-term outlook. Please expect that natural supplements for supporting normal thyroid function are going to work gradually over several weeks before you can expect evidence of the results.
Can my cat take Thyroid Support Gold with medications?
Do not use with drugs prescribed to treat hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid function).
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! Thyroid Support Gold comes with a 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Why choose Thyroid Support Gold for your feline?
- Certified organic and selectively imported: This formula is entirely prepared from organically grown and selectively imported herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Sprectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Thyroid Support Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day money-back guarantee.
Who makes Thyroid Support Gold?
Thyroid Support Gold is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs, and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.