- Massagers & Infrared Products
- Vegan Beauty
- Supplements & Herbs
- Healthy Home
- Diet & Weight Loss
- Personal Care
Baby & Kids
Stress Support & Relaxation
Children Immunity Boosters
- Herbal Pet Supplements
- Pet Essentials
Milk Thistle (Silymarin)
A potent antioxidant that protects liver function and regenerates liver cells
Milk Thistle has astonishing liver protective powers. It works in many ways.
- by strengthening the outer membranes of liver cells, preventing penetration by liver damaging substances. As blood levels of this substance increases, the milk thistle extract occupies the cell membrane receptor sites, displacing toxins that could damage the cell.
- by protecting liver cells as a result of its powerful antioxidant action, neutralizing cell damage caused by unstable oxygen molecules. It is 10 times more potent as an anti-oxidant than vitamin E.
- by inhibiting the action of the enzyme largely responsible for inflammation of the liver.
- by helping the liver to synthesize new proteins and ultimately regenerate. Research has shown complete normalization of severely stressed livers even in groups that abused alcohol and took large amounts of prescription medications.