90 day money-back guarantee
Have a question?
Lubricating ingredients that help cats manage hairballs
Supports normal & comfortable hairball management
- All natural lubricating ingredients
- For acute episodes and regular maintenance
- Helps hairballs pass through the digestive tract
- Petroleum-free formula. No mineral oil.
Order Hairball Gold today and help your cat to safely and naturally deal with hairy situations!
90 day money-back guarantee
1 bottle = 59ml/2oz
What is Hairball Gold?
Hairball Gold is a natural liquid intended to help your feline manage hairballs. Plant-based ingredients high in mucilage content (naturally viscous) are combined with other herbs that assist normal elimination through the bowels and help the stomach feel comfortable. All botanical materials are extracted into a healthy base medium chain triglyceride oil, a product shown to be beneficial for general health in humans and animals.
What is Hairball Gold used for?
Felines routinely have to manage the hair they ingest. Their careful grooming results in the consumption of hair that needs to then pass through the digestive tract and be excreted in the stool.
Hair is not a substance that can be broken down and digested. If enough hair collects in the GI tract and there is inadequate moisture and lubrication to help it pass through, your cat may attempt to vomit or heave up the offending mass. If the mass only partially travels through the digestive tract, it can cause an obstruction. This is very uncomfortable for the cat and can have serious implications if the mass does not eventually pass through. The cat may also heave or retch for long periods of time in attempts to dislodge the hairball.
Several things can help your feline manage the hair he/she ingests. Moisture in the diet is one. Cats that only receive dry food have less moisture in the GI tract than cats that eat wet food or a raw food diet. Be sure you feline has continual access to fresh water.
Regular brushing and providing adequate moisture and fiber in the diet are good ways to help your cat manage hair in the GI tract. Sometimes that is not enough. Hairball Gold will provide a safe and natural way to lubricate the pathway, aiding comfortable hairball excretion.
This formula was devised by our holistic veterinarian, without mineral oil or petroleum products, providing an alternative to the standard commercial products. It not only contains herbal sources of natural lubrication for the GI tract, it will help the stomach feel comfortable and also assist with normal elimination.
Hairball Gold can be administered for general maintenance (particularly for felines with long hair) and/or for active episodes when you see your cat attempting to forcibly cough up a hairball.
A Note from our Veterinarian...
Most of the time, your cat will be able to dislodge a hairball with the help of Hairball Gold. The normal result will be that the hairball continues its passage through the digestive tract and becomes part of the stool.
If the hairball is already large and difficult to pass, it may remain in the GI tract, obstructing the passage of food and waste. Intestinal obstruction becomes a life-threatening situation so it is wise to know the signs and symptoms and be able to recognize a problem, should it occur. Sometimes the signs of an obstruction are inconclusive and may resemble other health conditions.
Your pet may retch continually without producing a hairball. He/she may vomit because food cannot pass through the intestines. Look for signs of visible discomfort, diarrhea or lack of stool, lethargy, weight loss and/or fever.
Besides hairball obstruction in the GI tract, our feline friends also sometimes swallow other items around the house like yarn or thread. If you suspect your cat has a blockage, seek the help of your veterinarian immediately.
Can my cat take Hairball Gold with medications?
Absorption of drugs may be delayed if taken at the same time (due to Slippery Elm and Marshmallow). Use with caution in cardiac or kidney conditions or if taking steroid medication (obligatory statement due to Licorice content).
Why choose Hairball Gold for my feline friend?
- Certified organic: This formula is entirely prepared from organically grown herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Hairball Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money-back guarantee.
Who makes Hairball Gold?
Hairball Gold is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001.
Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you are happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.