- Massagers & Infrared Products
- Vegan Beauty
- Supplements & Herbs
- Healthy Home
- Diet & Weight Loss
- Personal Care
Baby & Kids
Stress Support & Relaxation
Children Immunity Boosters
- Herbal Pet Supplements
- Pet Essentials
Green Tea Extract 500 Mg/60Capsules
A great source of antioxidants, Green Tea Extract is credited with a wide range of health benefits, from promoting heart, liver and brain health, blood sugar metabolism, digestion, improving skin, preventing cellular damage which causes abnormal cell growth and reducing inflammation.
Because of its pleasant taste, its relaxing effect, and its health-giving properties, Green tea is one of the most consumed teas in the world. It is a nutritional staple in Japan and China where it has been used for centuries. Green Tea contains beneficial flavonoids, which are natural phytochemicals that provide antioxidant support and health-enhancing properties. In its concentrated extract form, one capsule contains a significantly higher amount of active ingredients as an average cup of green tea.
Green tea contains a catechin called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). Catechins are natural plant-based compounds which increase antioxidant capacity, protect against oxidative stress, and help prevent cell damage. In fact, the numerous health benefits associated with drinking green tea are typically credited to its EGCG content. While EGCG is the most researched and potent catechin, other types like epicatechin, epigallocatechin, and epicatechin 3-gallate may offer similar benefits. Catechins may be further categorized into a larger group of plant compounds known as polyphenols.
Health Benefits of Green Tea Extract: (GTE):
- Green Tea’s antioxidants have been shown to have a beneficial effect on the heart as it may prevent the oxidation of LDL cholesterol. A study in 33 healthy people found that taking 250 mg of green tea extract daily for eight weeks reduced total cholesterol by 3.9% and LDL cholesterol by 4.5%.
- The catechins in green tea may help support normal blood pressure and improve blood fat levels, which promotes heart health.
- The antioxidants in green tea extract, especially EGCG, have been shown to protect brain cells from oxidative stress, and have a positive effect on brain health and memory. Furthermore, Green Tea extract can decrease the action of heavy metals like iron and copper, both of which can damage brain cells that could lead to mental decline. It has been shown to help memory by enhancing the connection between different parts of the brain. In a study, the green tea extract group showed an increase in brain function and improved task performance, compared to the placebo group.
- Research suggests that catechins like EGCG may reduce inflammation and prevent certain chronic issues associated with inflammation including joint and muscle pain.
- Green tea extract seems to help improve liver function by decreasing inflammation and oxidative stress. The catechins in Green Tea Extract may also help reduce inflammation caused by some liver diseases like non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Green Tea can support significant reductions in liver enzyme levels, which is an indication of improved liver health.
- The catechins in green tea, especially EGCG, have been shown to enhance insulin sensitivity and regulate the production of blood sugar, both of which can help support normal blood sugar levels. A study gave 14 healthy people a sugary substance and 1.5 grams of green tea or a placebo. The green tea group experienced better blood sugar tolerance after 30 minutes, and continued to show better results, compared to the placebo group. Moreover, an analysis of 17 studies concluded that green tea extract is useful in decreasing fasting blood sugar levels. It can also help support normal hemoglobin A1C levels. Another study showed that green tea extract improved insulin sensitivity in healthy young men by 13%
- Green Tea Extract has an inhibitory effect on the enzyme urokinase which can lead to abnormal cell function. Tests have shown that EGCG is able to penetrate the body’s cells and shield DNA from potent free radicals In addition It has antiangiogenic properties.
- The antioxidants in green tea extract, especially EGCG, seem to have favorable effects on the balance of cell production and death. The maintenance of your body’s tissues and organs is characterized by cell death and regrowth. Specialized cells known as stem cells produce new cells to replace those that die. This process keeps cells active and healthy. However, when this balance is disrupted. This is when your body starts producing dysfunctional cells, and cells don’t die when they should.
- Green tea extract seems to be helpful in exercise by improving exercise performance or enhancing recovery. It can reduce cellular damage and delay muscle fatigue. One study found that 14 men who consumed green tea extract for four weeks increased their running distance by 10.9%.
Dietary Supplement Use Only! This product is not intended to treat, cure, mitigate or prevent any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.