Ark Naturals Gentle Digest for Dogs & Cats
Promotes growth of healthy bacteria useful for combating diarrhea
Beneficial bacteria to keep your dogs intestinal tract healthy
Promotes the growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria. Use for occassional diarrhea, gas, constipation, yeast issues including ears.
- 1 Bottle = 60 capsules
Why should I use prebiotics and probiotics for my dog?;
When we hear the word "bacteria" a lot of us assume this is a harmful organism however certain bacteria are not only friendly but necessary for your pets health!
Bacteria such as Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifido-bacterium bifidum, and Lactobacillus bulgaricus are a few of the helpful microorganisms that can reside in your dog or cat's intestinal tract where they play an important role in defending the body against disease and illness. This friendly bacteria can sometimes get outnumbered due to an array of different circumstances such as:
- Use of medications such as antibiotics
- A less than adequate diet
- A compromised immune system
- Chemical pollutants
How do I know if my dog needs Gentle Digest?
Some of the most common symptoms of an upset digestive system are:
- Skin problems
- Yeast overgrowth including ears
- IBS ( Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- IBD ( Inflammatory Bowel Disease)
Why should I choose Ark Naturals Gentle Digest?
- Gentle digest contains patented Lactobacillus bacteria sporogenes. These are microencapsulated lactobacillus spores which are resistant to heat and stomach acid. Sporogenes germinate within the optimum growth environment of the intestines to deliver a maximum concentration of viable (live) lactobacilli. Many probiotic products on the market for both humans and pets are useless because they contain virtually no live bacteria.
- Gentle digest also contains fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) from chicory root. FOS are small sugar polymers that serve as preferred foods for lactobacilli, hence encouraging their growth.
- Aids digestion and absorption of processed pet foods. Pets may also suffer digestive difficulties due to wheat, corn, soy, sugar, and starch commonly added to pet foods.
- Normal levels of lactobacilli in the intestines are known to enhance the absorption of essential trace elements including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and iron in both animals and humans.